This policy applies to MVP NY Medicaid Plans and their coverage for Medical Devices and Supplies.
The following examples are not all inclusive, that apply to this policy:
- Foot Care products: insoles, massagers, arch supports
- Pill Splitters
- Body weight scales
- Pulse Oximeters
- Thermometer’s (only oral, rectal and basal are covered)
- Wheelchair products
- Medical fridges
- Transfer benches
- Safety rails (bed, wall, bath)
- Fetal dopplers
- Bath/shower/toilet sears
- Sharp’s containers
- Ear Plugs
- Nasal dilator strips
- Decompression belts
- Travel Coolers etc
MVP is aligning with NY Medicaid Fee for Services DME coverage. Devices or supplies that are NOT COVERED under FFS Medicaid “Pharmacy Fee Schedule” will continue to not be covered. Applicable DME Products should be billed under the member’s DME Benefit.
For complete list of NY MEDICAID DME COVERED and NON-COVERED Products, please click here.
Find this type of content helpful? Follow my blog for more medical billing and coding guidelines, reimbursement/medical policy updates and any other healthcare field related news.
Recent Blog Posts:
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023