This blog applies to providers that accept MVP members and practice in Vermont.
This blog post addresses AUDIO ONLY CODES!
Effective 01/01/2022- Providers can continue to bill audio only codes, using telephone-only evaluation and management codes: 99441, 99442, 99443. These codes do not require a modifier.
However, the audio only codes that are EQUIVALENT to IN-Person visit, using audio-only must be billed with:
1.Modifier V3 – in-person services AND
2. Place of Service has to be 99 (OTHER)
Reimbursement Changes effective 03/01/2022:
1.Claims for in-person covered services performed via audio-only will be allowed at 75% of the medical provider contracted rate.
2.Behavioral Health Providers billing codes for in person covered services performed via audioonly will be reimbursed as outlined in their contract.
PLEASE NOTE: Other telehealth services should be provided in accordance with and billed following the guidelines outlined in the MVP Telehealth Payment Policy.
Find this type of information useful? Follow my blog for all of medical billing/coding guideline changes, reimbursement/medical policy updates, and anything else related to healthcare field.
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023