According to Aetna June 2022 provider newsletter- Aetna will NO Longer pay for the mid level staff: nurse practitioners, physician assistants, certified nurse midwives and clinical nurse specialists, at 100%, if they are performing the following codes:
Long description: Initial preventive physical examination; face-to-face visit, services limited to new beneficiary during the first 12 months of medicare enrollment
Short description: Initial preventive exam
G0438- Long description: Annual wellness visit; includes a personalized prevention plan of service (pps), initial visit
Short description: Ppps, initial visit
G0439- Long description: Annual wellness visit, includes a personalized prevention plan of service (pps), subsequent visit
Short description: Ppps, subseq visit
Note to Washington State providers: Your effective date for changes described in this article will be communicated following regulatory review.
How can you access the full policy?
Log in to Availity*** and follow these steps:
- Click on Payer Spaces > Aetna.
- In the search box, type “mid-level practitioners” and click Search.
- Choose “Mid-level Practitioners and Other Qualified Health Care Professionals — Resource.”
This policy applies to Aetna commercial and Medicare members.
Find this type of content interesting? Follow my blog for more insurance payer updates, medical billing and coding guideline changes and more!
Recent Blog Posts:
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023
- UHC Exchange Plans: diabetes medications coverage.
#AETNA, #NP, #PA, #G0402