Starting September 1,2020 Aetna no longer will cover Non-Emergent Basic Life Support Ground Ambulance Transport Services for non- emergency situations, routine care or patients convenience.
Some examples on when the Aetna will allow coverage for non-emergent basic life support services under the HCPCS code A0428 are:
1. Patient has other reduced mobility
2. Patient is bed bound
3. Patient requires physical restraint
4. Patient needs constant supervision
5. Patient is dependent on enabling machines and devices
6. Or patient is being transported from one hospital to another or skilled nursing facility and back.
Prior Authorization: Is required.
Note: (Image is courtesy Clip Art Library)