If you have patients with UHC Medicare Advantage Plan? Then this blog post is for you.
Starting October 1st 2021 UHC Medicare Advantage Plan updated their billing information in order to avoid Denials.
Modifiers: UHC Medicare Advantage Plan requests that providers bill the dialysis treatment with the following modifiers: CG or KX for dialysis treatment
Revenue Codes: 821 and 881
CPT code: 90999
Coverage: Dialysis treatments that exceed 14 treatments in a calendar month will be reviewed per CMS Frequency of Hemodialysis (A55703) LCD
If you would like to read the whole CMS Frequency of Hemodialysis (A55703) LCD please click here.
Find this type of content useful? Then follow my blog for more useful medical billing, medical coding and reimbursement/medical policies updates and tips.
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023