Aetna considers only a panel of 25 core mutations that are recommended by the American College of Medical Genetics, medically necessary, for Cystic Fibrosis screening. Anything cystic fibrosis mutations that extend beyond the recommended core panel of mutations, will not be covered and be deemed as investigational.
To read the full medical/reimbursement policy for Genetic Testing , please click here.
Find this content useful? Follow my blog for more insurance payer updates, medical billing and coding guidance changes, and reimbursement policy updates.
Recent Blog Posts:
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023