If you are a physician that provides PT/OT/ST services to MVP Medicare Patients, then this blog post is for you!
KX modifier should NOT be used when the member did not exhaust that member’s PT/OT/ST benefits.
Claims that require a therapy cap exception and are billed with the KX modifier must:
• Qualify for the therapy cap exception
• Be medically reasonable and necessary services that require the skills of a therapist
• Be justified by appropriate documentation in the medical records and would be available for review upon request
Providers: Please log on to the MVP website and verify member benefits to see that member met their annual PT/OT/ST visit cap.
If you find this type of information useful? Follow my blog for more medical billing and coding guidelines, medical policy/reimbursement policy changes and anything else healthcare related.
Recent Blog Posts:
- Aetna Medicare Advantage: participating providers’ post-service appeals new address
- Aetna and Mid Level Reimbursement EM Services update 2022
- EmblemHealth NY: Covid 19 Testing reimbursement policy update 06/01/22
- Anthem BCBS California: administration of drug Spravato-proper medical billing and coding.
- MVP Medicare Patients-KX modifier
#physicaltherapy, #occupationaltherapy #MVP #MVPmedicare #medicalbilling #medicalcoding