Effective 5/1/23 MVP insurance payer will start to reimburse 50% for the E&M code that represents the sick visit and is billed on the same day as the preventative E&M code.
The providers should expect this reduction to apply to the code even if the modifier 25 is appended on the sick E&M code.
This update in reimbursement applies to both NY and VT providers.
Find this type of content useful? Follow me for more current news regarding medical billing and coding, as well as other healthcare related news. In a meantime please check out my latest posts below.
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023