This blog post applies to physicians that are providing ABA ( Applied Behavior Analysis) services to MVP Managed Medicaid Patients.
Earlier this year MVP sent a notice to patients and Physicians that ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) services will be covered for patients under 21 years old that have the MVP Managed Medicaid Plan, effective 10/01/2021
However, NY DOH (NY Department of Health) changed that for DOS 10/01/2021 and thereafter.
As of now ABA services are NOT COVERED FOR MVP Managed Medicaid Plans (for patients 21 years old and younger).
NY DOH will continue to cover the ABA Services for only Medicaid fee-for-service members, 21 years old and younger.
MVP is monitoring NY DOH and will make timely updates available as applicable.
Find this type of content helpful? Follow my blog for more medical/reimbursement policy updates, medical billing and coding guideline changes, and any other healthcare field related news!
Recent Blog Posts:
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023