As per UHC- UHC Community Plan Maryland (Medicaid) Members will now have doula services covered through the plan.
What services can a doula offer?
- Doulas offer continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the birthing parent throughout the perinatal period
- Doulas offer person-centered care that supports the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of members while adhering to evidence-based best practices
- Doulas are non-clinical providers and cannot replace a trained, licensed medical professional or carry out clinical tasks
- 8 prenatal or postpartum services up to 60 minutes each
- Attendance during labor and delivery
I am a Doula, what do I need to do in order to get reimbursed by the UHC?
- Doulas must enroll with Maryland Medicaid before obtaining an agreement with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- Doulas will be asked to attest to training and certification by an organization approved by the Maryland Department of Health
Find this type of content helpful? Follow my blog for more medical billing and coding updates, reimbursement/medical policy changes, prior authorization updates, and payer benefits/payment changes.
Recent Blog Posts:
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023
- UHC Exchange Plans: diabetes medications coverage.