This HEDIS® measure evaluates the percentage of patients age 50 to 75 who had appropriate screening for colorectal cancer.
In order for PCPs to get credit for this Measure they need to document the following:
Document (date and result) one or more of these screenings:
- Colonoscopy during measurement year or nine years prior
- Fecal occult blood test (FOBT) during measurement year
- CT colonography during measurement year or four years prior
- Fecal immunochemical test (FIT)-DNA test during measurement year or two years prior
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy during measurement year or four years prior
There following are exclusions for this measure:
- Diagnosis of colorectal cancer
- Total colectomy
- Members who receive palliative
Quest Test available:
There is an option for your patient to get a FIT kits through Quest Diagnostics.®* This option is only available for PARTICIPATING providers.
Quest will ship InSure® ONE™ FIT kits directly to your practice. There are 2 ways to order:
- Online, use the Quest Quanum® Lab Services Manager. Create an account at https://bit.ly/3qLxNPh.
- Via phone, call 1-866-MY-QUEST and state supplies for assistance.
Quest will ship the kits to your practice at no cost, based on usage and test completion.