Starting 07/1/2021 UHC will require a delivery scheduling form documenting the clinical reason for early delivery form, for any DOS on or after 07/01/2021.
If providers do not have a form, please click here for UnitedHealthcare Delivery Scheduling Form, download and print the form.
The form needs to be filled out for all births planned between 37 and 39 weeks of gestational age by participating physicians, or their designee.
In order to comply with the requirements the physicians or their designee must also:
- Retain a copy of the delivery scheduling form in the mother’s medical record
- Provide a copy to UnitedHealthcare upon request, within 15 days of request
Failure to comply with these requirements may result in appropriate action under your participation agreement which may include, but is not limited to, ineligibility for performance-based compensation or termination of your participation agreement.
Reminder: The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines, recommend non-medically indicated early term deliveries (prior to 39 weeks) be avoided.
If you would like to learn more about current medical billing and coding guidelines or reimbursement policies, check out my most recent posts:
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023
- UHC Exchange Plans: diabetes medications coverage.
- EmblemHealth Commercial Plan: Infusion POS Policy update
- BCBS of MN: Reimbursement update (modifiers 52, CO, CQ)
- BCBS of Minnesota: Medical and Pharmacy benefit updated 09/05/2022
Thank you for listening, and see you in the next episode!