According to UHC as of 06/01/22 they will no longer issue physical checks to providers. In order for the providers to get paid they will have 2 options.
Option 1: By May 18/22- provider can enroll into ACH with Optum Pay. This should allow sufficient time for registration to be complete before UnitedHealthcare stops mailing paper checks. This is the quickest form of payment. We can route payments at the tax ID number (TIN) and National Provider Identifier (NPI) number level.
To enroll please complete your registration as soon as possible.
- You’ll have automatic access to the Optum Pay free basic portal to review payment and remittance advice detail. (You can also view provider remittance advice (PRA) in Document Library at any time.) Learn about Document Libraryopen_in_new.
- We cannot hold claim payments while you are registering for ACH/direct deposit. You’ll begin receiving claim payments through ACH/direct deposit once your registration is finalized and your ACH is activated with your financial institution.
- If your ACH/direct deposit registration isn’t complete by June 1, you will receive virtual cards
Option 2: Virtual card payments: ( please take in consideration that this option does charge the provider a processing fee, like a credit card)
All health care professionals not enrolled and whose ACH/direct deposit registration hasn’t been finalized by June 1, 2022, will begin receiving claim payments in the form of virtual card payments (VCPs).1, 2 VCPs are electronic payments that use credit card technology to process claim payments. There is no requirement to share bank account information.
- A 16‐digit, single-use virtual card will be issued by mail for payment of individual or multiple claims
- For quicker access, you can view the VCP statement in Document Library on the Provider Portal. Learn about Document Library.
1. Merchant card processing fees may apply to virtual cards. Please reach out to your merchant processor or financial institution for information on specific terms and costs.
2. Processing your virtual card indicates your consent to receive and accept virtual card payments as payment in full from the payer.
Please note: Network health care professionals and facilities are required to do business with UHC electronically. We must have a valid email address on file to send you required notifications and important information. Please update your preferences regularly. More details are available in the Provider Communication chapter of the 2022 UnitedHealthcare administrative guide.
Find this type of content useful? Follow my blog/website for more healthcare news!
Recent Blogs Posts:
- MVP (NY/VT)- Reimbursement sick visit and Preventative Care on the same day.
- MVP Health Plans: reimbursement of sick E&M codes billed w/preventative codes -05/01/23
- Michigan Medicaid: reimburses for Doula Services-01/01/23
- UHC NY Community Plan Referral requirement change-effective immediately
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023