Are you a primary care physician and is reporting HEDIS measures? Then this following blog post is for you.
In this blog post we will discuss the changes/updates that NCQA just released for HEDIS Colorectal Cancer Screening Measure.
Measure Description: Measures the percentage of members 45 to 75 years of age who had appropriate screening for rectal cancer. The Medicaid product was added to the administrative data collection method for this measure and the age range was changed to 45 to 75 years of age.
In order to meet this measure your patients need to fall in ANY of the following criteria:
- Fecal occult blood test during the measurement year
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy during the measurement year or the four years prior to the measurement year
- Colonoscopy during the measurement year or the nine years prior to the measurement year
- CT colonography during the measurement year or the four years prior to the measurement year
- Stool DNA (sDNA) with FIT test during the measurement year or the two years prior to the measurement year
If you would like to report this measure via Electronic Clinical Data Reporting system you will need to select: Colorectal Cancer Screening (COL-E).
Reminder: please make sure to document all of needed information in the patient medical records.
#HEDIS #Cancer #primarycare #physicians #NCQA
Find this type of information useful? Please follow my blog for more medical billing and coding guideline updates, HEDIS measure updates, Medical policy/reimbursement policy changes and more!
Recent Blog Posts:
- UHC Oxford- updated Prior Auth changes 01/01/2023
- UHC Exchange Plans: diabetes medications coverage.
- EmblemHealth Commercial Plan: Infusion POS Policy update
- BCBS of MN: Reimbursement update (modifiers 52, CO, CQ)
- BCBS of Minnesota: Medical and Pharmacy benefit updated 09/05/2022